Sunday, January 20, 2013

Belated Vocations

I have spent several days trying to figure out what I wanted to say in this post.  I am an older (that is possibly relative) - over 45 - woman who has pretty much been discerning my vocation since I became Catholic six  years ago.    So... what to do if you are an older (over 35) man or woman and are discerning a vocation? 
I have come to believe that the answer is the same as if you were under 35.  It is to perservere and to do your best to get where God wants you.  Spend time in Adoration.  Talk to God.  Go to Mass, go to confession.  God gave us Sacraments to help us draw closer to Him.  Will I end up in a religious community?  I don't know.  God, however, does know and wants the best for me.  My prayer is to learn to trust Him completely. 

One more thing -if you are having trouble finding communities, check out Belated Vocations

No comments:

Post a Comment